View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 08:08 PM   #1
Mr. Will

Default Hydraulic Brake Conversion on 36 Passenger

I am converting my 36 Cabriolet to hydraulic brakes. I have the brackets for the front flexible lines that mount to the frame but, I have a question for the 36 guys that have done this conversion. Normally you would just cut a hole through the inner fender to allow access for the flex line mount 8-1/2" aft of the front crossmember. This is how I did it on my 35 and my 39 is stock this way but, the inner fenders on 36 have louvers and in order to cut that hole you would be cutting off the end of one louver so you would have to remove one louver or, I guess you could cut the hole so it took out part of two louvers. The other option is go through the frame but, this creates yet another issue. The X member comes in there so the frame is doubled up. That can be remedied by drilling a larger hole for the flex line to pass through the outer frame and then a 5/8" hole for the flex line to butt up to on the X member and then the C clip to hold the line in place. Also this puts the T block behind the steering box mount in the C channel. I swapped out the steering box to a 37-39 box so pluming it with the mounting bracket out is no big deal but could be a bitch for service later on.
Just wondering how others approached this issue. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks Dan
Mr. Will is offline   Reply With Quote