View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 02:29 PM   #39
vincent

Default Re: 1934 Tudor needs a little hop-up

Okay folks
I checked all the parts that could help to get some more speed into the car. After fitting the regulator to the electric pump and freshing up the ignition distributor I adjusted the ignition to the works advice. After a testride I tried a bit more advance. The engine is now willing to rev and I was able to run higher speeds than before. The brakes are converted to hydraulic but the rest of car is stock with non-working shock dampeners (next job!) on all four wheels so the testride with around 110km/h was "interesting" .... I could have gone a bit faster but with the roadholding "as is" the speed was enough for the (wide) road available. I have to say, I did not expect this amount of power from this engine which really has seen better days. So in winter it will come out, get all that it needs, transmission gone through and updated where neccessary and with 4 working shock dampners we will be good to go!
Thanks for all your help and suggestions - I will need a lot more of it in the coming months!!!
cheers, Harty
vincent is offline   Reply With Quote