View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 05:06 PM   #15
JeffB2

Default Re: Help Please - Engine Mounts for 1958 Ford Ranch Wagon 351W Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB2 View Post
This will save you a bunch over the Butch's kit and the parts are all over the counter from Pep Boys or Autozone here are the part numbers and pictures read the notes under the pictures. If you need additional info feel free to message me. https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...-mounts.41498/ And you will NOT need any spacers as other mounts that were suggested. Are you using an early 351 with a front sump oil pan ?
I suppose I should bring this up about slotting the mount holes,the reason we started advocating doing this is because during the 50's Ford had plants in many locations and we started finding out that these mount pads on the cross member were off center in many cases,they didn't have computer accuracy "back in the day". The slots give some room to compensate for the off center issue,in some cases they were not needed like you see on the TV shows they usually do a trial fit. If you do a trial fit with the engine and transmission as a unit line up the transmission mount first and drill if needed then proceed to the engine mounts. You want your Windsor swap as close to the firewall because of it's longer length,you can shorten that about 3-4" by using the early 289 pre-1970 water pump and balancer and pulleys.
JeffB2 is offline   Reply With Quote