View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 06:05 PM   #25
biggieou

Default Re: 62 TBird Master Cylinder

Still working on this. Been pretty frustrating. Followed one of the links supplied and set up the new booster with the old mount and the darn from brake line port is just slightly too close to the shock tower. Going to try a 68 Mustang MC with the booster and see if that fits. Might have to put a remote fill cap on to get rid of the tall lid and bail.

Question I have is, the booster is set up for a shallow MC, the Mustang MC is deep bore. How can I convert the booster to have a longer rod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobss396 View Post
I started researching this swap for someone with a '62 Bird and may wind up with the car myself. Those crappy Corvette masters, I would not use one. I liked that Ford dual master that was early in the thread. All better if you can match up the back of it with the OG one.

The car I'm interested in has drum brakes, new master and booster. I would leave it as is and make sure everything in the drums was ok. I saw something on the brace replacement, someone used one from a '64-'66 Bird or maybe modified it as well. The brace is pretty essential to the structure of the car.

If I can find a good link, I'll post it.
www.northernohiomodela.com
biggieou is offline   Reply With Quote