View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 01:28 PM   #113
farmboy

Default Re: Saving a family treasure...(1936 1and1/2 ton)

Update:

The engine is almost rebuilt and should have that back next week! I have taken the bed off in the front fenders as the front fenders need a little bodywork the rest is really straight. I have sent the radiator off to a fellow in Fort Smith Arkansas they can either repair that one or build an exact replica it was in pretty bad shape. I have been working on the brakes as you have probably seen some of my post they seem to be working properly, and the brake shoes to me look to be good enough for now. I still have to free up the mechanism that runs all the tire rods behind the cab better thAn it is now and then get springs for that and I think the brakes will be set! I was in awe of how well they still work! I had a seal on the back axle that was leaking at the brakes were ho I had a seal on the back axle that was leaking at the brakes were oily on one side. I found a seal at job lot that should be here today once I get that fixed in the wheels put back on I'm going to roll out side and steam clean real good and get ready to San Blast the frame, I have gotten more done on this truck before winter then I expected which is a good thing !

The engine is pretty much going to be fully rebuilt except the crank was just turn down some more it's supposed to have newer style valves that are easier to adjust also the people that are doing it are very professional and said it will be better than new The engine is pretty much going to be fully rebuilt except the crank was just turn down some more it's supposed to have newer style valves that are easier to adjust also the people that are doing it are very professional and said it will be better than new, we will see. I am fixing to tackle the gas tank and see what I have to work with there, I believe a good cleaning out and maybe a sealant on the inside and will be good to go hopefully !

That's just an update for now I really appreciate all the help I have gotten on here you guys are awesome!
Bret
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (100.0 KB, 133 views)
farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote