Thread: Cracked Block
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 12:29 PM   #52
History

Default Re: Cracked Block

I used JB Weld. I also had a small heater pointed at the front of the engine, before, during and after. I cleaned it really well and ground all the paint from the surrounding area, ground along the line of the cracks and had the vacuum going while applying the epoxy. I would have went with the other epoxy but it's very expensive. I may do as you've mentioned and not use antifreeze. I will add the corrosion protection and just water and drain when it's cold. It's stored inside my shop anyway, even with out heat I've never had anything freeze inside. Hopefully it works and I can can concentrate on other things. Wish me luck and I hope your troubles have eased as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werner View Post
Guten Tag History.

Nice that you continued the post. Often you don't get any feedback and you don't learn whether the measure was successful or unsuccessful.

Which 2 component resin adhesive did you use please? And at what temperature?

Note: Since glycol antifreeze slowly destroys epoxy glue, it is better to use only corrosion protection to the cooling water. There is industrial corrosion protection for water-cooled boring mills.
History is offline   Reply With Quote