Thread: Steering Wheel
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 07:03 PM   #10
FL&WVMIKE

Default Re: Steering Wheel

Dad knew his parts REALLY well. He labeled most of the parts he has as to what they are. If he labeled it NOS, it's indeed NOS. He had bought and sold antique car parts all over from Detroit, Hershey, Lancaster, Charlotte, and all over WV during the 1960's and 70's. He also had a 1929 Roadster that he restored to mint back in the 1960's... so it was done with pretty much all NOS parts. This wheel was likely a spare for the car.

I didn't go over the wheel with anything. I gave the rubber a very light cleaning with a damp dishrag, and NO sandpaper. No protectant to make it shiny or enhance the color. (Armor All, etc)

Someone had inquired about a die number on the back... so that's why I took the picture of it. (Sounds like they knew what to look for)

The wheel is legit, and someone quickly claimed it shortly after being offered for sale... so the sale is pending!

I'll be offering some other parts as well... mostly V8 stuff, but I do have what appears to be a NOS Model A steering column with the gear on the bottom. It's complete from the horn button to the steering box. Looks new, and the box is painted that red primer color.

Thanks
Mike Jr. here. I get on here every few months to check messages, and look through his almost 500 saved messages for information on the '29 and '34 I still have. A lot of very nice people on here. He truly enjoyed Ford Barn.

Last edited by FL&WVMIKE; 04-07-2019 at 07:08 PM.
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote