Thread: Bubba rant ???
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 04:11 PM   #1
BUBBAS IGNITION

Default Bubba rant ???

Ya know i dont usually rant a bunch but this one has got to be seen.....
All our ignition service carry a lifetime warranty ( $ 25 to cover shipping return) and i dont get a lot of return.... So thats good !!!! I do get some but always go out of my way to get it fixed, running good and on the road.
A few months ago i went thru some problem solving with a customer that had purchased our delco replacement distributor....and just shipped him a complete unit all new , when i recieved the problem unit i just put it in a cabinent for later. Well today i took it out of the box and looked it over . The attached picture shows the unit right out of the box. I dont know how you could change anymore parts that this customer did ( which turned not to be ignition).

1=Standard Motor Product condensor , we use only napa RR175 Echlin because the others are terrible !!!
2=Standard Motor contact points. Again terrible in this case ( they make a premium and a cheapie)..We use only CS 786 Echlin ........
3=Aftermarket advance weights and springs...these were so heavy that they took some rpm to swing out and when they did they just jumped out really quick. One spring was changed with another spring!!
4=Customer had added a shim to lower gear , we dont use this as clearance is adjusted to spec when we install the new drive gear.

Only took a few minutes to redo but after shipping a few thousand of these we typically use the best to make it the best distributor on the market.......

Rant over ..........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3086.jpg (69.0 KB, 285 views)
BUBBAS IGNITION is offline   Reply With Quote