View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 01:44 PM   #3
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Shippiing a Model A

What would I do?? I would probably drive it but then again, I know what my capabilities are. If you are going to drive it with the anticipation that you can save money, -my thoughts are that it will cost WAY more to drive than to ship. This is especially so if you find yourself in trouble along the way requiring extra lodging, repairs, or transportation.

The next thing you need to consider is just 'who' did the restoration, --and what was their idea of restoration?? A beautiful car with a rusty gas tank will be a beautiful car sitting on the side of the road. That same mindset applies to brakes, steering, and other things mechanical.

My experiences are that I see quite a few Model-As that are allegedly restored and then purchased off of eBay or a social media site. After a month or so of frustration because it won't start, stop, or steer reliably, the new hobbyist is ready to get out of the hobby because their new purchase performs so poorly. Generally it always boils back to the owner was looking for ways to cut expenses and the "it'll be good enough" syndrome plays out.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote