View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 08:38 PM   #58
Tinker

Default Re: Shop led lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5851a View Post
Thanks for replies about door openers. Was afraid if I went LED and had them on, doors wouldn't work. Sounds like if I keep compacts or incandescent in the openers themselves everything will be ok. Been replacing bulbs in the house with LED's and all remotes in house seem ok.

I went out to the shop tested my openers with lights on and lights off. Didn't have an issue at all, at least not apparent with a quick test. I would think your cell phone or WiFi emits more harmful waves. I could be wrong.

interesting older (march 2018) video. Still think the rf interference is low enough that it would be hard to make a difference to a radio receiver. Ballast resisters emit interference also. Think it's a bit over thought. Kind of a unfair test also as the two lights are not the same distance to the meter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUgCM6cCUj0

I've had issues with the mentioned opener system. But it is always when it's cold outside. Maybe a track issue. It works flawless in the summer or warm months from the remote and garage switch. When its really cold in jan/mn remote doesn't work and I have to get out and force/hold the switch in the garage.

Last edited by Tinker; 08-01-2019 at 09:49 PM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote