View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 05:20 PM   #188
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme / New Zealand View Post
What model BSA GB? I've always had a thing for the A65 Lightning since I saw one back in the early 70's when in high school. A 500 Goldie single is cool and you can't beat the sound of a rocket 3 with the ray gun mufflers..

the truck is coming on cool as well. I hope you are going to paint the jail bars and hood side trim. I like them better than the chrome jobs you see some people do.

Graeme
If you click on the picture above on the upper right, I had just installed the hood spear on that side. They were both in rough shape but solid. 80 grit sandpaper, rustoleum rusty metal primer then topcoated with my recipe for 'sun bleached flat tacoma cream'. Rustoleum flat white enamel and 'new caterpillar yellow' from a napa rattle can. Mix up in a tuna can and apply with a soft bristle brush. I have a great collection of grill bars saved for this project. Most have never been hit so they are for the woodie wagon. When you collect jailbar trucks you find out how awesome it is to find straight bars. When they are kinked I have taught myself to saw across the kink with an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel, bend the front surface into a fair curve, vice grip a stiff bar of copper to the inside leg and weld up the saw kerf. The metal is too stretched to just bend back to straight. Yes, all the trim will be tacoma cream. Some of you have seen the video a Hollywood cinematographer made for me about my tonner panel. It has some footage about this tacoma cream thing. He has a summer home on the island and I built new cabinets for him. He wanted to do a video in thanks so he did. It isn't on youtube, but something called 'vimeo'. He named it 'truck detail string out'. It's about 5 minutes and I gotta say he did a nice job....
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote