View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 09:28 PM   #12
Tosti36

Default Re: 1936 Ford 1.5 ton 4 speed Transmission jumps out of 4th gear

Thanks for the welcome! Tell you a bit about the truck. It was originally purchased by the town of Montclair, NJ in 1936. You can still see the lettering behind the current lettering. Then at some point the man whose name is on the truck now bought it and used it up until the mid seventies for his landscaping business in Montclair. A friend of mine bought it from the family and he drove it once and decided to pull the motor because he felt it was “tired”. He stored the motor in the dump body of the truck. After 22 years of him doing nothing with it I asked him if he wanted to sell. I wound up purchasing it and had the flathead V8 totally rebuilt. Installed the motor and been having fun with it since. Not going to restore or paint it, leaving it “as is” as its very solid and has the look I love! I got ahold of the family that has the name of the guy currently on the door and that was their Grandfather and remembered riding in it when they where kids. Told them if I ever want to sell they would be the first ones I call. They seemed very excited about that. I have posted an album of pictures in the community section. I will post a couple of pictures here when I find out how.
Tosti36 is offline   Reply With Quote