View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 08:04 PM   #114
KULTULZ

Post Re: Two-Door Ford and Mercury Wagons

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercman from oz View Post

scicala said it right. Unfortunately, as I live in Australia, "true" 57 Fords are a rare item, as Ford Australia did not sell these cars here, but updated the 56 Ford Customline by adding the side chrome trim from the 56 Fairlane.

However, I have lots of photos of USA 57 Fords in my File, and none have the Grille Guard that starts at the Bumper Guard and wraps around the corner.

The Centre Grille Guard with the "V" did in the centre is common, but I have never seen the ones on both sides. They do look good and look factory, but I believe that this is the first time that I have seen them on a 57 Ford. Are these a Genuine Ford Accessory?
Yes, they are GENUINE. I found a 57 WAGON SALES BROCHURE that has a very bad photo of the option. Being in the brochure, it would have been a factory option (most likely installed @ the selling dealer - dealer prep) and also available over-the-counter as an accessory.

I have found the PN (B7A 18412-A) for the V-BAR but not the extensions. Not sure if the extensions were part of the center kit or sold separately.

Most of this info was deleted from the 49/59MPC @ Final Print many years ago.

Did the photos I included in the above post give you enough detail?

I have a buddy that bought a full trim FAIRLANE years ago and removed a complete setup and put them in his garage attic. If he still has them, he is a rich man. Just the center bar kit is going for 1700.00.

- WHY IS IT ... -

... that everything you buy in the grocery store is either wrapped in or contained in plastic but the government doesn't want you to carry it out in a plastic bag?

WONDERING IN W(BY GOD)V ...

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote