Thread: Fraud Alert
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 05:00 PM   #12
holdover

Default Re: Fraud Alert

When it comes to money, I trust few people. I sold a backhoe once on Ebay Buy It Now about 11 yrs ago. It was a nice Case 580B in excellent condition at a fair price. I had it listed wit many PICS and for terms I said I wanted a non refundable deposit either in cash in hand or USPMO for $250.00, no PAYPAL. I wanted the rest of the money within 30 days. Gave my contact info, The guy that bought it got in touch with me asked some questions and a few more pics, them purchased it. Got the MO within a few days and about 3 weeks later showed up with a huge equipment trailer and the cash. Funny thing is that about two weeks later looking at ebay saw my Backhoe being sold by a scammer using the same PICS that I posted. Contacted ebay and they pulled the add. I wonder if they have photo recognition hardware to alert them if someone tried to use the same pics. My motto for expensive items is don't buy it unless you see it and touch it. A plane ticket, even cross country is cheap insurance to make sure you are getting what you expect.
holdover is offline   Reply With Quote