View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 08:46 AM   #75
denis4x4

Default Re: FSI distributor issue

My ad/marketing agency was handling the Per-Lux account when they acquired Ignitor ignition systems. These modules were designed for stationary engines running 24/7. The line was expanded to include material handling equipment. First time use of the Ignitor in cars were the VW classes of the Baja 1000 & 500 where they were class winners. Mickey Remund, Mickey Thompson's engine builder, secured the rights from Per-Lux to design and sell the Ignitor for Model A's and early Ford V-8's. Mickey sold the business to FSI a number of years ago. To the best of my knowledge, there never was a Chinese version of the Ignitor. However, I was party to a lot of testing with the Big 3 Japanese motorcycle factories using an Ignitor prior to OE electronic ignition being standard. I've been using them in Model A's, classic cars and boats for over fifty years with a single failure that was self inflicted. One of my A's has one of the first Remund distributors and the other one has an FSI system. Replaced the Prince of Darkness distributor in my Jag with a Petronix!