View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 06:29 AM   #44
ncauclair

Default Re: 292 312 Ford Engine

Alright cranky old engine geezers. As a novice--I took the myriad of advice from all participants--scoured the websites you recommended and took a scrub brush and dish soap and attempted to scrub off 62 years worth of rust and oil looking for this mysterious numbers streetdreams insisted was there. No lettering other than the one I took the photo of. Many of the attached parts had serial numbers on them--pointing to a 1957 build date. So, since most of the supporting parts looked original--as my military training provided--I'm making a command decision-- I'm calling the engine a 1957 292. Yes--I am selling the engine. I bought it because I thought I was going to use it in my 1962 Ford F-100 truck. But we rebuilt the engine that was in it. I have a 64 F-100 as well. It has a 351 C engine and C6 trans that the previous owner in the 70's transferred from a Mustang. I also have a 390 engine that was rebuilt in the 80's that I am trying to figure out what to do with. I have several 71 Mustangs that I was considering putting it into. So I'd say I do have skin in this engine game-albeit very green skin. Thanks for the all in the info and help. Cheers Nick
ncauclair is offline   Reply With Quote