View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 06:55 PM   #33
michael a

Default Re: Brake Adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
It would be nice, but I think it is really OUR responsibility when we choose to drive these old cars in today's traffic, with today's speed limits, on today's roads, knowing their very limited ability to stop and accelerate and that they have minimal crash protection for us and our passengers.

Again, it would be great if others on the road knew our vehicle's limitations and acted accordingly, but it's not going to happen. The majority of them know as much about Model As as we know about some of their fringe hobbies. Hard to blame them.
I'm sorry but I'm not buying it. I drive a 94 Ford Explorer everyday rain and shine it's my work car it has three hundred and fifty thousand miles on it so to keep it on the shiny side I'm driving like a car with 350,000 miles on it no jack rabbit starts no jolting stops and pretty much the speed long limit at all times. Do this I get honking horns multiple finger signs and general anger toward me and my car for driving the posted speeds. We live in a world of idiots in a hurry talking on the phone instead of paying attention the roads we have now are mostly nice rural roads with the highways being four-lane and yet there is still wreck after wreck after wreck everyday and there is no excuse for it just inattentive driving and being able to drive over the speed limit very easily. Will my model a stop on a dime you know it will not but it will stop more than adequately for the speed limits that I am supposed to drive where I drive it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
michael a is offline   Reply With Quote