View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #29
rodderbilly

Default Re: changing plugs every 100 miles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Yeah, tooo much fuel to air mix equals black sooty plugs ! Too much fuel, as stated, can be caused by many individual reasons and / or a combination of reasons. Start with the easy things first, i.e.- remove the filters and see if changes or no. Make sure hot spark is present at all times. If sooty, hotter plugs may be indicated to 'help' situation. Then leaner jets , if sooty plugs persist. Any air leaks in intake gasket will mess with mixture settings. Do not get lost in the weeds...first ! Do the simple things and eliminate those first..maybe find the answer therein. Do you have an electric fuel pump (with 2x2, I assume you do?). If so, what is pressure setting pounds !

BTW...this may seem elementary, BUT make a check list and check off 'things' as you go along and like a map will keep you on track and possibly lead to solution. If you are like some of us with older/fuzzy brain cell, maybe helpful
Thanks for the help!now the parts are ordered..i need to wait since i live in Italy and some parts like carb parts need to be ordered in the states!my fuel pump is the stock 8ba ....in the carbs i have only metal screens so the air is free..i was thinking to start with no ballast since i have 2.3ohms in the primary coil.....i need to remove the ballast....by the way first thing i do is to put that ngk b4l plugs ..........for the carbs i ordered #69 power valves ...some .041 and .043 jets....

Last edited by rodderbilly; 07-05-2014 at 01:23 PM.
rodderbilly is offline   Reply With Quote