View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #178
BetsyModelA

Default Re: Model A motor froze-up

I apologize, Rusty. I neglected to answer your question about the nut that won't come off. You asked if it spins. Actually, I have two nuts to remove, one 1/2 inch bolt with a 1/2 nut on the underside of the pickup frame. The bolt turns with the attached nut holding steadfast turning with it. I need to remove that one so it is easier to get at the one that has to come off in order to remove the broken battery box. That is a 9/16 nut attached solid to a bolt. It looks like this side of the battery box has a long (about 2 inches long) bolt on top going through the frame of the pickup to about an inch on the underside. I believe if I remove that 9/16 nut, the bolt will come out of its hole, allowing me to remove that side of the battery box. I removed the broken left-front corner part of the old box. This troublesome one is the right-back part. This battery box is not a "box" at all. Rather it has a u shape with four sided metal strips holding the battery in place. This "box" is fastened down at the top of each tip of the u. Wished I had a picture of it. "Worth a thouand words."
BetsyModelA is offline   Reply With Quote