View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 06:30 PM   #19
daveymc29

Default Re: Millennials decided on an "A"

I haven't read all the posts so maybe I am repeating some. You can join the Model A Ford Club of America (mafca) free, as you have never been a member. Just go to mafca.com and I'm sure there will be instructions or search for Jim Cannon's post on this site for a link. I live in Danville, CA and belong to both mafca and mark. I have lot's of knowledge gleaned from the magazines that they put out and from fellow members. This site is wonderfull. Not all of us have every answer and on some subjects you will find you set off a firestorm by asking a simple question. Don't be put off by that, at some point we learn whom to listen to and when to say thanks and walk away. Welcome to our family of friends. Personally, I like the 6V, positive ground system, though I do use an alternator. Also, if your machine has the original two bladed fan I'd pull it off and buy an aluminum one from Snyder's, Bert's of Bratton's. Keep it in case you decide to make a high point car but that is about all they are good for. Oh, they will help you in deciding if you need to work on the radiator or replace the hood. Don't bother to ask how so many of us know this. Again Welcome. If you ever come to CA look up Henry's A's. We'll make you an officer in a heart beat.

Dave Mc Arthur
http://bit.ly/FromtheShadows Click on it.
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote