View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 08:32 PM   #1
Neil Mylar LakewoodCA

Default An interesting Model A day...

Occasionally I drive a bus and take girl scouts to and from a mountain camp. This morning I picked up a group of six chaperones and took them to camp. The chaperones ride back in three different buses to help supervise. I'm impressed with the chaperones because they volunteer their time to help a worthy cause. There is one lady (Betsey) who is in her 70s who has helped several times. On the previous trip she told me that she was born and raised in Southern California. She had mentioned that her favorite picture of her parents was one with them sitting on the running board of their Model T Ford. I told her that it sounded like a great picture and that I owned a Model A Ford.
Well, she volunteered again today and she brought the framed picture with her to show me.
As you can see it was not a Model T, but a 1930 or 1931 Model A. It was taken in Manhattan Beach, CA in 1941. They got married that year. Betsey was born in 1942. Betsey told me that her Mother never learned to drive. Betsey's Mother worked at her Uncle's gas station in Manhattan Beach. Betsey's father bought gas at the station and that is how they met.

On the way back I passed a truck from the Newport Farm Food Service Company. I liked the logo on their door. Since i was driving I could not take a picture, but I did find their logo on their website.

I did not actually drive my Model A today, but it still turned out to be an interesting Model A day...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM01354.jpg (44.2 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg CAM01355.jpg (37.9 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg index_r1_c1.jpg (9.0 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by Neil Mylar LakewoodCA; 08-14-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Neil Mylar LakewoodCA is offline   Reply With Quote