View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 09:57 AM   #13
Licensed to kill

Default Re: First Model A 1930

That is an awesome acquisition. Congratulations. Regarding the mousy interior, I bought a '31 delivery a couple months ago that was stored in a shed for the last 30 years or so and the interior was very mousey. We have had cases of hantavirus around here (three over the last 20 years that I know of) and 2 of the 3 people died, Last case was about 3 years ago. I used my charcoal mask that I wear for painting and cleaned out all the junk that was stored in the back along with any nests I found and burned it, removed the seats, then doused the whole inside with Lysol (lavender scented ). I also soaked the seats with it. Bleach would have been fine (I'm recovering the seats anyway) but it's corrosive so I chose Lysol instead. besides, bleach smell isn't much of an improvement. For this large of an area and the desire to soak everything, you can get a little 3 gallon weed sprayer from a hardware store for about $15, fill it and spray LOTS without getting carpal tunnel. hantavirus is rare but is nothing to fool around with.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote