View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 03:49 PM   #26
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Ford F150 transmission for my 34' Tudor

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobH View Post
Amusing observation regarding hot rods and street rods. Me thinks it's an age-thing. Gotta be almost as old as me to know or remember what a hot rod is/was.

Hey Bob...I started my hands-on piddlin' with these old Fords in the early '60s, long before anyone had made-up the term "street rod". In 1971, I attended my first Street Rod Nationals and saw the writing on the wall....street rods were born and scootin' all over the place in Memphis, as well as the rest of the country. I thought the "hot rod" world had finally come of age, and I built three street rods over the next several years. Meanwhile, I got very involved with the authentic restorations of mid year Corvettes in the mid '80s. We finally had enough of the politics involved with judging those things and by the latter part of the '90s, I was ready to get back to the old Fords, and by that time I had matured barely enough to appreciate the cultural differences between hot rods and jelly-bean street rods. I fully appreciate our stock and restored old Fords, but my true interest is with the traditional cars and folklore of true hot rodders from the late '40 and into the early '60s.

It's encouraging to hear someone else with real, first-hand experience speaking authoritatively about just how worthless that wimpy 1st gear is in the T5s on the street. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote