View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 06:22 PM   #19
jthomas6

Default Re: Not showing our cars anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700rpm View Post
I stopped participating in shows for all the reasons above. Too many fools who don't understand or respect basic courtesy regarding other people's property. Plus it takes hours to prepare, and then you have to really sit there with the car to protect it for the duration of the show.

I agree with Rex: I get more enjoyment out of driving the car, and the conversations that arise from strangers I encounter who are genuinely interested.
I agree, I used to go to several a year (only if they were backing some cause). I have gone to zero this year. Almost made one a couple weeks back, however, a waitress at a small restaurant we take the 'A' to mentioned that her husband had a 50's car, and was having trouble installing wiring harness.

I didn't know the gentleman, however, decided to forgo the event and went over to his place that Saturday instead. He took interest in my 'A', and I was very impressed with the work he had accomplished on his 1950 (Insert 'C' word here).

Had a great time and was glad I skipped the event.