View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 03:17 PM   #26
sidevalve8ba

Default Re: Open Letter to Mac’s

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kube View Post
I am not defending Mac's way of doing business nor any other business that utilizes "sales offers" akin to those mentioned within this thread.
However, two glaring examples of how the typical American bases their buying are:
1) Recall when rebates on new car purchases were "odd"? When they were first introduced, they were for real. The major car companies were attempting to reduce their inventories. When, just a few years later, the major car manufacturers attempted to rid their advertising of rebates, there was a huge drop in sales. People waited for a rebate program. Now? The car companies continue as a matter of course, to offer so called rebates when they have continually raised the "bottom line".
2) J.C.Penney: Recall not that many years ago, the new (at that time) CEO lowered the prices of all inventory across the board and announced they (Penney's) would no longer invest in huge sale ads, etc. me? I liked it. No more BS looking at ads and waiting for a sale. The typical American? They didn't care for this and went away from Penney's as fast as their feet would allow. As many now know, J.C.Penney nearly went bankrupt and to this day is still suffering from that "innovation".
The bottom line has been proven: MOST American's expect and wait for a "sale". MOST Americans do not think far enough to understand the "bottom line" price is what truly matters.
This is not my opinion but fact based on years of research. Read any decent business journal and you are nearly certain to find an article or two that eludes to just this...
Kube, I am with you all the way on this one. You've got to look at the bottom line to know what kind of a deal you are getting. So often discounts, rebates, etc. are purely distractions from what the actual pricing is on an item.