View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #22
G.M.

Default Re: Blocking Off Heat Risers

columbia, Two things, 1 you are not pumping the gas it is gravity feed so there is no vapor lock in the pump. 2 the A has an up draft carb and the gas is not flooding the engine when it boils over. You did point out the differance in the old gas not doing this. I never had vapor lock that I was aware of before this new gas came along. This boiling of the new gas does not happen I'm going guess at below out side temperatures of about 75 degrees. Even above 75 and even up in the 90s it may not show as a problem. You can drive in 90 degree temps on the open road and not get into much stop and go traffic, stop the car and get out for an hour or so and it may be slighty harder to start than normal but you would never know you were on the boarder line of vapor lock in the pump and boiling over in the carb. As the weather warms up a NUMBER of people taking laser thermometer readings of the fuel boil of the carb and the fuel pump will define the problem areas. One person like myself providing ALL the info doesn't prove a consistant over all problem. G.M.