View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 08:27 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: what does "insurance" on shipping actually cover?

My experience has been that broken items require you to submit multiple pictures of the damaged box, pictures of the packing, and the broken item. Usually the shipping company denies the claim stating the item was incorrectly packaged. If you package it like they claim, it seems like the item must be double boxed or packed in foam.

The biggest issue I have encountered with missing/undelivered packages is not so much that they get lost, but more about them delivering to a neighbors or them allegedly being stolen from your property. In one instance, UPS delivered a package that was listed as "left on back porch". I was not following the tracking that closely and so a few days elapsed before I realized it was missing. When I spoke with customer service, I explained that my business did not have a back porch. Since the shipper did not request signature delivery, I lost my item and money. Another two examples has been with FedEx (-whom I feel they totally suck). Supposedly they deliver after we are closed and just leave it by the front door after-hours. Again, if they deliver it and the item is scanned as delivered, supposedly their scanner has a GPS app inside that verifies it was delivered to the correct location, so their defense is it was delivered and stolen after it was on your property. The one that recently happened that I was fortunate on is FedEx delivered a roll of two upholstery fabrics at 7:30 at night. Fortunately my security camera system alerted me there was activity in the parking lot. The issues was it was raining outside and the just laid the roll at the front door, ...which by the next morning the broadcloth would likely have been soaked with rain water.

My point is insurance is only a benefit if you 'over-pack' the item(s) and you require a signature at delivery.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)