Thread: Tire troubles
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 04:54 PM   #18
GB SISSON

Default Re: Tire troubles

I too am having air loss with my offshore tubes. I noticed a low one today when I went to drive my 47 into town. It had 20 psi. As I had trouble with this same tire a month ago and replaced the tube with my last budget korean tube, I am getting frustrated. At that time I carefully aired all 4 up to 32. Today I have one at 30, two at 28 and another at 20. That's in one month. I see firestone ag tubes on amazon. Think I will pull the trigger. Fixing flats beside the road is right up there with no fun at all. With our ford rims, is the center mounted valve stem ok, although our wheels have it off center.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote