Thread: Thermostat
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 03:11 PM   #15
Old Henry

Default Re: Thermostat

Some seem to think I have a "horse in the race" regarding thermostats. I don't. It doesn't matter to me what thermostat anyone uses or if they use any at all. I am just a person that drives my car higher, lower, in hotter and colder weather than anyone that has discussed thermostats so far and was just looking for a better thermostat to use under such extreme circumstances, not trying to prove or sell anything like another is doing. In my search for the best all around, all season, all altitude and all temperature thermostat it appears that I have done more studying, more measurements and calculations of flow, and more real life testing of thermostats than any I've seen on this forum in the five years that I've been on it. In all of that research I have found what I believe is the best thermostat for my 59A engine and the extreme use I put it to. Along the way, studying, measuring, calculating, and real life testing other thermostats I have concluded that none of them work as well for my extreme uses as one in particular, which I regularly recommend, and one that is the worst I've ever seen. I try not to let my ego be a part of my recommendations and only offer them when someone asks for them without a care to their acceptance or rejection of them. And I don't just give my bare opinion, I refer them to the research, measuring, calculating, and real life testing that I've done so that they can compare that to such as anyone else has done (that I've never seen) to make their decision. That's all.

To each his own. Live and let live. No big deal. It's just a hobby. Have fun with it or don't play at all.

Last edited by Old Henry; 02-14-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old Henry is offline   Reply With Quote