View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 12:43 PM   #37
katy

Default Re: Water pump won't fit now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Coupe View Post
Oh wise one,yes Masster you are correct. The pump arrived from Bratton's and it too does not fit. It has to be that someone has broken a stud off years ago and rewelded or repositioned the threaded holes. The old pump fits and holes do not look enlarged or elongated that I can see. I do remember when I took it off it was bolted not the studs I replaced with. I had a great head but opted for the old one that was on the engine because of the Ford Script on it,sold the other head with an engine I had. So I am going to make this work somehow before I change heads I don't have 100% faith in the rest of the engine anyway. So going to get it running nd as I have been doing waiting for a good engine closeby. It seems to me more street rodders than ever are taking apart restored cars they are buying cheap. Thanks for all the help but that was a tricky one especially since the old pump fit.I think I will also get the bolts that look like studs.
Figure out which of the studs is out of place and just file the side of the hole in the pump so it fits