View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #39
Mal Content

Default Re: Save this car in Iowa, please...

Howdy WRA. Got the car running and rolling under its own power the day after Thanksgiving, 2011. It would go but sure would not stop! Spent the next month fighting fossilized grease. Lots of scraper and wire brush time. Found very little of anything worn out or rusted. Pulled the engine to adjust the bearings and replace a chattering clutch plate. Had to replace the head. Cracked over the #2 cylinder. Installed new valves, guides and adjustable lifters. Replaced a cracked two blade fan. Have not touched the transmission or differential. Everything on the car now works. It's been driven just over three thousand trouble free miles as of today. Needs a engine rebuild as it sounds like the pistons are trying to swap holes, but it runs. Gotta put a top on it. The wood header has turned to dust. Afraid if I open the windshield it will fall off!
Please go to youtube and search for Model A Preservation by Zippo for a short video of the car, made Christmas day, 2011. Sorry, don't know how to link it.
Thanks for asking.

Paul Beeghly