View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 12:44 PM   #1
ktgarcia

Question Horn relay wiring

I bought a NORS horn relay for my 1939 Ford Pickup. There are four posts on the back. Two have what I would call a slip type connection. The other two have a bar that has tension where a wire post would be inserted in the hole and the tension bar moves to allow for the connection to be inserted. Once the wire is in the hole, the spring bar keeps it in contact. I assume the spring type connection is where the two wires coming from the horn would go. However, I don't know what the slip type connections would be used for.

There is a mounting bracket attached with a hole to secure the relay to the fender or frame or wherever one would mount it. There is also a curved part of the bracket where I assume the wires would be place and then bent down to secure them.

I have looked at wiring diagrams and I only see two wires connecting to the relay.

I tried to download an image to attach to this thread but wasn't able to get one.

Any explanation of how this relay needs to be wired would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
ktgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote