Thread: Wheel spacers
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 08:17 PM   #17
8EL

Default Re: Wheel spacers

This all said then, and the issue at hand now known, how would it be best then to increase this clearance? I really do not want to add shims to the axle's on their taper. Leaning toward shimming the face of the hub out. This will move the drums contact out somewhat from the hub. But on a 2,400 pound car is this really a problem? I recall when I put Centerlines on my Starfire the hole in the rim was larger than the axle hub, therefore putting all of the load of the car (almost twice that of the coupe) on the wheel studs. Of course inquiry was made with the manufacturers engineers who informed me that this was not, and would not be an issue. The specs on the ARP fasteners did bear this out, so I have ran them making many nearly 150 MPH passes without issue of any sort....obviously as I am writing this. The Dorman studs used are not of aircraft grade steel like the ARPs, but none the less for the application are of very good quality. I suspect that they are more than adequate....Comments constructive criticisms and/or concerns please....
8EL is offline   Reply With Quote