View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 11:49 AM   #8
KiWinUS

Default Re: 36 generator "Fun" cutout test

Quote:
Originally Posted by koates View Post
Tony, you must make sure that the generator third brush is set to a maximum of ten amps because that's all the Fun Projects regulator will handle. Your generator must have been charging very high (25 amps + ??) for the armature and fields to burn out. Read the Fun Projects instruction sheet a least twice to understand the specifications. Remove the round cover off the regulator and inspect carefully to see if something is cooked in there. Maybe the generator terminal was shorted to ground in there. The insulator washers both inside and outside the cover are very hard to position correctly on the terminal screws and could have been a problem if someone has removed the cover before. The cover is not meant to be removed by the user. Fun Projects Co. has changed hands in the last year. Regards, Kevin.
Thanks Kevin , yes I know to be careful with insulators & housing. Had been great for 4 years, I have always kept charge rate low & set it where it slightly discharged with lights on as I do not do too much night driving in her.
I will call Fun products to see how to test. Thanks for all the help!!
Cheers
Tony
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote