View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 01:25 AM   #76
davids2toys

Default Re: 36 Ford drag link orientation question

So, this was a mile off. When I did lock to lock center on the steering wheel, the wheels were far from straight. So, where the pit-man arm was sitting in the midpoint steering wheel travel is what I adjusted the drag link to. It needs to be shortened about a 1/2. Unfortunately, there was very little threads left on the tie rod that screws into the adjuster, so I did the adjusting by just screwing in the other side. So the wheels are straight now. The drag link is still hitting the pan hard, but now it is more like a super hard rub vs what I had with bolt and sleeve smashing into the pan. So when I am rubbing to the point of not being able force it any more, I still have 1 1/2 turns of potential travel that I can’t make. It doesn't look like I am going to have any interference with the adjusting sleeve end of the drag link. It is not coming close to anything, but can't tell what will happen once I solve the oil pan problem and I am able to get the additional travel. I think I have the 1936 pit-man arm as described earlier. The part # stamped on it is 48-3590-16. Is this correct # for a 1936 car?
So the 37 pit-arm will probably be a good way to go. Is 37 car and truck the same number?
davids2toys is offline   Reply With Quote