View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 03:01 PM   #8
denniskliesen

Default Re: Interior Panel Templates, Late 30 Closed Cab PU

Brent, Perfect Fit have panel board waterproof in black and kraft. I've used both and they are both the same thickness.

In my experience, The kraft holds the flatness better than the black when working with it cutting holes and boarders. The original rear panels in my 29 Tudor were similar to the kraft, somewhat more of a pink color. Using either of these color panels you NEVER want to use masking tape to hold material to the surface otherwise it peels off the protective surface. On the edges I would recommend sealing the edges where the boarders are.

30 Closed Cab PU, I used more or less a center punch I made from either 1/4" or 5/16" bolts machined the head of the bolt to a point. Taped the bolt with the pointed head sticking out from the door shell, held the panel up and tapped the panel with a body hammer to leave a center mark for a hole location. I measured the door and cut the panel a couple inches wider and higher, temporarily held the panel in place using the holes, and marked the panel on the back side. I just kept trimming the panel until I got it to the size I wanted. Sanded the edges to get a flatter surface with a block and sealed the edges.
denniskliesen is offline   Reply With Quote