View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 09:56 PM   #5
daveymc29

Default Re: Membership dropping, interest too???

Seems like Hemming's is getting thicker, more cars in a lot of categories? Does it seem that way to others. Perhaps it's the "thinning of the herd. I know I just cut from three A's to two and may take it down to one before the fairies come get me. No grand kid or kid of mine is vaguely interested in the old cars. Most of the other kids in the extended family are more interested in a new cell phone than a drivers permit. Some into the thirties don't want anything to do with a car if they live in a city. SF a garage is about as expensive as renting a home out a ways. Now they are promoting dormitory style living where one or two couples occupy an apartment with kitchen and living room down the hall. Years ago I hosted a fire chief from Hong Kong. He told me the wages for the Chinese fireman would buy a 10 X 10 foot room for eight hours a day for the family. That room was shared by two other families the other 16 hrs and the firemen pulled a rickshaw to bring in food and clothing money. Maybe we didn't have it too bad after all.
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote