View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 05:59 PM   #16
1948F-1Pickup

Default Re: UPS loses Package !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
I had a similar problem with Fedex. I sold a pair of "Double Nickel" (part number ending in "55") heads from a '55 Chrysler to a guy in Wisconsin. They never showed up, no record of anything but them leaving my premises. I went through all of the available channels, and finally received one greasy SBC "Smog" head in a marginal package. They called it good after that and would not respond to my calls or emails. I am convinced that these companies have some employees that are conversant with good parts, and will pilfer them when the occasion arises and are able to conceal their misdeeds through "official" company channels.

Lately, I have absolutely no faith in the American public.
Your theory may have some validity. It may hold true for UPS as well.
Had a known seller ship a very expensive bicycle to me from Manhattan NY.
About the time it should have arrived in CA, there was nothing. Tracking indicated they didn't know where the item was. (As if a carton 70"x10"x30"
is easy to misplace in the residential package delivery segment)
About a day later I was physically down at the UPS hub asking questions.
The customer counter representative from my whse manager job 15 years before was still there. We had a chat. Around 5 days later the bike arrived.
The box had been opened but it was obviously the original shipping box as
it looked like it had been through world war III. The shipping label in comparison was pristine and looked like it had just been printed and affixed the day before. The tracking number WAS NOT the same as was provided by the seller. No response as to where the item was. I was happy to just get it.
My conjecture is that it was recognized by someone at UPS and they tried to
make it disappear into their possession. So much heat was generated looking
for it though by my friend at UPS, and mysteriously this "lost" package re-appeared.
1948F-1Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote