View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 06:51 PM   #5
tubman

Default Re: Mallory Dual Point Distributor Condense

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
If you are interested, here's what I have. We are currently supplying .22 micro-farad units that work well with most ignition systems. Pre-war Ford ignition coils used .36 micro-farad condensers, but if they have been rebuilt to modern standards, the .22's work fine. Even with the original coils, these condensers are satisfactory, though point life may be shortened a bit. We currently have .33 micro-farad units in field test, and things look encouraging, but we do not want to release them until we have a substantial time under our belts. The .22 units have been out for over 3 years without a single reported failure. We supply them with a 1 year money back or replacement warranty. I get $60.00 plus $8.00 shipping on eBay, but sell them to forum members for $50.00 plus shipping. Here are some pictures of the unit itself, one mounted on a '51 Olds Rocket distributor, and the one I am running on the Mallory dual point in my '51 Ford.

(EDIT : After looking at this, I see I should replace one of the spark plug wire boots on my car.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cap1.jpg (28.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1236.jpg (62.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1326.jpg (84.5 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by tubman; 09-04-2019 at 07:11 PM.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote