Thread: Awwe Crap!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 10:38 AM   #123
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Awwe Crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Kirk View Post
I agree 100%. The rear end is freed up and dropped down...now time to deal with the front of the torque tube.
Capt, a suggestion on the above.....just drop that rear assembly down far enough to allow the top of rear spring to clear the rear cross member. Remove the U joint coupling halves, and begin bringing the rear back and from under the car. If you have the rear too low before you start bringing it back, the bell shaped part at the front of the torque tube will hang up at the beginning of the sheetmetal tunnel. I usually insert a separate piece of scrap sheetmetal between that bell and the beginning of the tunnel to act as a shoehorn as that bell starts back into the tunnel. I also use some wood shims between the floor and the frame X rails (after loosening several bolts on each side of the floor that fasten to the x rails) to slightly raise that tunnel area. This all helps that torque tube to come back and through that tunnel. Just my way of doing things.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 09-10-2016 at 10:46 AM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote