View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #12
Terry,NJ

Default Re: 30 Town Sedan Front seat

I'm a little confused too! You have to bear in mind that when I got the car, some wood was so disintegrated from rot that some pieces were missing altogether. There seems to be a dearth of information, pictures, and drawings relating to seats and their construction. So it's hard make parts from something I don't have. As far as I know, no replacement wood is available except the seat bases, which are not the problem.
The pieces in question Run horizontally across the steel seat back at the bend. There are several holes for screws (Wood ?) This piece would provide a rail for the back spring to rest on. Also, I'm assuming there are vertical braces that would secure the spring to the seat. Also, I was looking the spring over yesterday and I discovered two tabs about 1 1/2" long, with holes, that must get screwed to something. Anyhow, It's difficult asking these questions when there is so little information available. I called Snyder's and they don't know either. Thanks for trying though!
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Franklin View Post
I may be confused but I see nothing in your photos that look much different from my front seat I guess I don't know what you think there should be. The assembly is fastened by machine screws to a base/track that incorporates the adjuster. I thought you were referencing the part you already have.
Terry,NJ is offline   Reply With Quote