Thread: T5 guys TKX
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 08:16 PM   #26
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: T5 guys TKX

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylon32 View Post
Addressing my post of a year ago our core supply of S10 T5's has diminished. We are still taking orders but I don't know for how long. I am starting a new FH powered deuce roadster and if I could get a TKX with the right length input shaft and bearing retainer I would use one. I did inquire about the front shifter and they said if it became available it would add about 300 to the cost.
Gary ....I realize that your T5 experience is probably mostly geared toward YOUR proprietary adapter. Somehow, I have the idea that your T5 adapters were based on some form of FORD T5, rather than being based on the GM variants. When you get around to the input shaft lengths found in the close-ratio Camaro/Firebird V8 T5s with the 26-spline input shaft, they are generally shorter than the Ford shafts, and as such seem better fitted to bolting-up to a flathead using the one-piece cast adapters that accommodate the GM (Muncie) transmission case pattern. I'd look into the specs on a Chevy-type TKX, as it must surely be built to bolt-up to all of the go-fast Chevys out there, just like the GM T5s are. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote