View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 11:02 PM   #30
asapguy

Default Re: Leatherback '28-'29 Group

Hello Freddie. I also have a 60B. It was restored in the mid 80's with the exception of the interior & only driven 100 miles before put back into dry storage. It was a 60K mile very solid car to begin with. All the orig wood is like new. The doors close with a gentle thud. What caught my eye on your car is the seam in the top material that runs in the upper roof 1/4 over to the drip moulding above the doors. Mine has the same seam & I didn't think that was an original seam. I helped install a L-B top on a 60A (tan top) about 5yrs ago & it didn't have that seam. My car was done by a doctor who did most of the work himself. I think he may have had trouble getting the top smooth in that area & cut the top at that point & added the seam. I have several model A's & have always stayed away from fordors because of the wood. The problem was all my otherA's only hold two people except the Cabriolet which has the rumble seat & I wanted to take friends & grandkids. This is why I got the fordor & I'm really enjoying the room. So what have you found out regarding that seam??? Thanks Perry, Snohomish Wa.
asapguy is offline   Reply With Quote