View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 05:17 PM   #32
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Membership dropping, interest too???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnya101 View Post
Well folks,

I can give you a first hand experience to younger kids and old cars. I am 17 so I should know a thing or two about the kids of today .

None of them care.

You also cant use a model A daily in most of the country, which requires the purchase of another car...

Just my opinion on this whole issue.

I have actively been around this hobby for 50 years, ...and each decade I have seen a new generation of club participants. Even when my father co-founded the Model-A club in the Houston area, he was in his early 30's. Dad was a quasi hot rodder/drag racer during his mid - late 20's however as he matured both physically and mentally, he chose a hobby that his growing family could participate in. I think that is the big attraction with most Model-A hobbyists as these cars are relatively cheap to own and give a decent bang for your buck with family fun. You also must realize that for each 50-60 year old Model-A hobbyist that purchases a Model-A was once a 17 y.o. that likely did not have any interest in owning one then. Most hobbyists grow into the desire to own one, -therefore do not let the current age of the hobbyists' scare you. There has always been someone growing old enough to want to own one.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote