View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 04:14 PM   #9
TonyM

Default Re: Frank Scheidt's 1937 brake video???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall V. Daut View Post
Unfortunately, my 89 year-old friend passed away last month, mercifully quickly from a stroke. I don't know what Bill's family intends to do with his '37 Deluxe Touring Sedan that he has owned since the late 1950's, but I suspect it will be offered for sale at some point. Last year Bill had asked me to check into values for his car because he felt he was getting too old to drive the '37 anymore. I was surprised to receive valuations of between $16K and $18! I would have thought that a near original car with its factory mohair interior would be worth more than that! I can almost guarantee that the heirs will THINK it's worth more than that, thanks to the fantasy "reality" TV shows that wildly inflate antique car values and lead people to believe that deceased Grandpa's old Ford is worth a fortune. Thanks for nothing, "American Pickers" et alia!
Should the relatives contact me to determine a fair market value and to help sell the car, I will advertise here first so that you guys get first crack at it. My interest in antique Ford stops at midnight, December 31st, 1931 with the end of Model A production, so I won't be going after this car, really nice though it may be.
Marshall
Because of the current crisis, and the massive unemployment that is predicted to follow, they will be very very lucky to get $16,000 for it. I have the same car (totally original), and I had no illusions-- I knew that it was worth about $15,000 tops during better times. I'll bet my car has lost a third of its value already this year. Good luck.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote