View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 03:43 PM   #16
fordson

Default Re: Removing leaves of rear spring to lower 33/34 coupe

Tinker, thanks for the info, Tardel is waiting for some stock from their foundry.
Of course longer shackle bars not shorter ones. Got to get the terminology right.
Flatheadmurre, thanks for pointing out the issue with sway!!
The more i think about it the more i realise the engineers at Ford were good at what they did, there is not much room to „play“and improve on their suspension design. Unless you alter the set up completely with coil springs, telescopic shocks or new modern designed springs or cutting and welding in a different rear crossmember and what not.
If i look at issues such as sponginess and bottoming out when removing leaves, sway and less sideway stability using longer shackle bars, i have to ask myself the uneasy question: why did and are people doing that??? Only for aesthetic reasons? Getting the looks and stance right?
I was under the impression these alterations could be done without sacrificing driving behaviour and would be more of an improvement. I obvoiusly have to give it a lot more thought than anticipated. With my dropped front axle and reverse eye spring i have to do something to the rear to get it down, otherwise itll look funny. I will try all the recommendations and hope it actually works, looks and driving wise!
Thanks
fordson is offline   Reply With Quote