View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 09:51 AM   #2
Steve_Mack_CT

Default Re: Hemmings 2016 Predictions

Kind of parallels the recent Model A value thread.

Blue chip cars, best of the best in terms of desirability such as certain Full Classics or postwar sportscars like a MB 300 SL, V-12 Ferrari, etc. appreciate a little differently than most collector cars.

Real world cars most of us have are driven to some degree by the ever changing cycle of the age of the collector/enthusiast. The sweet spot for the market - people mid career as discussed many times before. Anyone needing more proof should price Porsches as suggested in the HMN article, or even late 70s/early 80s Camaro Z-28 or Pontiac T/A. You will pay dearly for a good example, despite high production numbers on these cars. The generation HMN is referring to is less interested in our cars but also less interested in cars of the 50s and 60s. They relate to a mid 80s Mustang more readily than grandpa's '65 that started it all, because that is what they wanted back in the day, not the '65.

We attend some events that are not Model A or even largely prewar focused, such as the Limerock Historics - this year, like every other was packed with 1/3 to 1/2 of the crowd under 35 or 40 in my estimate. In time, a lot of these hobbyists may likely have a Model A to go with their other cars, which I see happening now with quite a few people I know locally who own an A.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)