View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 12:10 PM   #95
fordrodsteven

Default Re: 56 T-bird rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotehunter66 View Post
Replaced the pertronix with a set of points and a condenser and it fired right up. It runs pretty rough, I think, so I rechecked my wiring and the plugs are correct. All seem to be firing but when I pull #3, 4, 7 & 8 the engine idle does not change like no fuel to the back cylinders. Pulling #1,2,5 & 6 there is a noticable change in rpms. Any thoughts?
My thoughts are a broken cam but you said you adjusted the valves. You would have noticed there was no lift on those rear cylinders when you were making adjustments. Therefore I would suspect something in that ignition circuit. Maybe swap some plug wires or plugs to see if the problem moves with them. Possibly the distributor cap was not on straight?

If your plugs and wires all check out good can you do a quick compression test on the cylinders? it will tell you of there is possibly a mechanical issue. I would tend to think it's something mechanical because fuel and air would get to all cylinders if it gets to four of them. Spark should also get to all cylinders, if it gets to four of them, if the distributor shaft / bearings are good. I would do a compression test and possibly a leak down test.
fordrodsteven is offline   Reply With Quote