View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 09:28 PM   #61
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Got my 3" maple a couple weeks ago. Have been mapping out my strategy from here. Today I got a rare break to finish up steel brackets and measure all the angles and lengths for the body pillars. During the last month I have been scouting up grille bars for most of the hulks I hauled from Twisp because if my property is gonna be covered with a bunch of jailbar trucks, they can at least have their jailbars. Work has stayed really busy in the furniture realm and that pays the bills so I guess that's a plus. Next weekend we will be going to Shelton Wa while helping my wife's son and his family move to a new job. Hoping to looking at the '40 ford woodie that resides there for inspiration, but also understand I won't be working on mine til after Christmas (or to some 'the holidays')
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5202.jpg (64.3 KB, 43 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote