View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 12:01 PM   #1
Charlie ny
BANNED

Default Charlie stolded.....my version

Scott Sobkowwicz sent me 2 very nice 97's. Both were the factory after market design with the additional air passages, a design improvement. Both 97's had the factory translucent gold tone lacquer finish with lots of patina.
After many phone calls from Scott dating to this past summer I relented
and accepted the carbs and 2 fuel pumps to set up for 2x2's. Scott
admonished me numerous times to absolutely not switch parts....what he sent me is what he wanted back. The 97's especially were carbs he and his
departed son had gone together on so were more than just 2 97's. I get
that, I think we all get it. He was firm that he did not want the pumps or carbs to be refinished.
On 1 97 the 3 round portions on the lower face of the carb , where the
emulsion tubes and ck valve live interfered with the iron base. I always check to be sure the bottom face of the bowl fits nice and solid against the base. Prime area for vacuum leaks.

A lot of daylight showed thru....this occurs from time to time. I gently
relieved the interference taking some off the bowl and some off the base.
At no time did anything get stolen, Scott's original bowl did receive a
slight amount of surgery so it would be a good functioning carb. I will say here that the slight surgery I performed was not visible unless the carb

was disassembled. He was bound to find 'something'.

Here in my opinion is a person filled with venom and is quite happy to 'bite the hand'.
Scott called on Wed 3/3 and kind of knocked me off my ear drum.
I fruitlessly tried to get a word in but the screaming emanating from my cell phone was causing the others in the waiting room to take notice,
I hung up. A call later from Scott was about as productive.
I rest my case.
Charlie ny
Charlie ny is offline   Reply With Quote